Print is one of the fastest-growing industries. Digitization has added much more power under the hood of print companies and has changed the outlook, completely. This piece of content is an effort to get an overview of how a typical print industry operates, what are the different processes, departments, and challenges that the industry battles.
Stages of Printing
Printing Industry adheres to a clearly identified, three-stage process, that has matured over the years:
1. Get the design for the editorial or ad ready
2. Chalk out the correct page layout and margins
3. Get the printing film or plates ready as per the design
Departmental Structure of the Printing Industry
The printing industry is no different than the other streams of business when it comes to the departmental structure. The smooth business function with a concrete collaboration through all the departments we see today is the byproduct of experience. To take a bird-eye view of the departmental structure of a printing company, there are primarily three departments that keep the wheel moving:
1. Sales & Marketing
3. Finance & Accounting
Year-on-Year the competition has outgrown, and a lot of players have already got kicked off the race. The secret to competing in this cut-throat competition is simple if looked at carefully. There are certainly challenges and there are solutions too. All you have to do is be visionary and future-ready, with all that you can.
What are the Challenges of the Printing Industry?
1. Inventory Management
2. Uncertainty about the finances and accounting
3. After Sales Service & Support
4. Invoice Management
5. Customer Management
Also, there are certain errors that occur:
1. Inaccuracy in the inventory of paper
2. Errors in print jobs that can waste tons of paper
3. Machine or System malfunction due to delay in the maintenance
4. A dispute in the order distribution
We know that errors are everywhere; sometimes they are manual errors and sometimes they are infrastructural. And, it gets even more challenging when these errors keep on popping up and you are unable to handle them with the ad-hoc process. It’s frustrating and makes you more and more angsty! Don’t worry, there is a simple solution to it, technology! It is better to have a technology like the BPCS system to rely on for such situations.
Here’s all you need to stay ahead in the game:
1. Stay current with trends and adapt as quick as possible
2. Upgrade and cut the clutter; whether it’s machinery or processes
3. Automate the mundane and double-down the efforts on the functions that help you scale
4. Introduce technology that helps reduce manual errors and increases productivity
Roping in a business planning and control system (BPCS) can help you hunt down recurring errors in one shot!
Here’s what you can achieve with clearer data insights:
1. Understand your customers better and tweak your business strategies.
2. Find out the services that are driving more revenue and scale the stream up.
3. Find out critical business problems and resolve them.
4. Find out the business processes that are holding you back and change them for the better.
5. Optimize the mundane and bring automation
6. Make well-informed, strategic business decisions backed by data.
Integrative can help you with BPCS consulting and BPCS implementation services. Integrative follows a simple and sturdy approach for BPCS implementation. Let’s understand the Integrative Approach:
1. Initiation Phase
2. Functional Design Phase
3. Build Phase
4. Deployment Phase
5. Optimization Phase
Read the complete blog here- https://blog.integrativesystems.com/bpcs-erp-guide/